The rules to this challenge are as follows:
· Do not consume sugar of any kid, including real or artificial. This means no sweeteners, honey, syrup, Splenda etc. You will need to read labels on pre-packaged food because companies are sneaky and will put these in their products under names you may not recognize.
· Do not consume alcohol in any form. Not even for cooking. This goes for tobacco products as well.
· Do not eat grains. This includes wheat, rye, barley, oats, corn, rice, buckwheat and sprouted grains, or quinoa. Watch for bran, germ, and added starch on product labels…these are added grains.
· Do not eat legumes. This means beans of all types. No exceptions. This, surprisingly includes peanut butter and soy. Watch for the word lecithin-this is the product sneak.
· Do not eat dairy. All dairy. No milk, yogurt (including Greek), sour cream, cream cheese, cheese of any type.
· Do no consume carrageenan, MSG or sulfites. If there appear on you product labels, they are off limits.
· Do not try to re-create baked goods, junk foods, or treats. Doing this supports your old, unhealthy eating habits.
· You are NOT allowed to step on the scale or take any body measurements for the month.
This challenge is not easy if you do not prepare. Leading up to the start, clean out your fridge, pantry and freezer. If you can, get rid of everything that you are not allowed. You do not have to throw it away. You can donate it or give it to a friend, just remove it so you aren’t tempted.
For the first couple of weeks, prepare your lunch and snacks to take with you to work or school. This way you have food when you get hungry and you aren’t tempted by availability. Remember, you never ever have to eat anything you don’t want to eat. You are in control.
Drink lots of water. It will help, plus water is good for you.
Day 11-14 are not the most fun days. You may feel tired and run down. Your cravings for foods will be high, but remember that you are half way there, don’t give up now!
We are excited to do this with all of our members. We know all of you have the capability to make this change in your life. If at any point you have a question or need help, do not hesitate to reach out and ask us! Good Luck!!!
Below are documents to help you be successful during this month. There is a shopping list, example meal plan, dining out guide, and a travel guide.